Working closely with staff from HelloGames, I run the website for the game at: https://www.nomansskyresources.com/, as well as the long-running facebook help group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/NMSResources/learning_content/ and the youtube: https://www.youtube.com/NoMansSkyResources/
I have played since two days after launch; played on every build of the game & have logged well over 6000 hours on PS4 and PC.
My Gametime Picture (Sept 2020): File:Playtime (Sept 2020).png
I have created mods & used Blender to work on base building. I have a fairly decent understanding of the code in the game files & a perfect understanding of the code in game saves.
On the very rare occasion that I make a mistake, I own up to it & let the whole community know about it. This rarely happens as I'm very committed to thorough research before posting anything.
The process before I upload anything:
1) I test my theory in game a very large amount of times, changing variables such as planet types. I do so on both PC and PS4.
For reference, in the 'always 16+ hot-spots within 1100u, including power' theory, I initially tested 450 planets, including all different types of planets. I have since tested this after every update or patch, resulting in 1625 planets tested as of April 2020.
2) I get at least 5 friends to do extensive testing of their own. They cover all platforms (PC/PS4/Xbox). Sometimes I also ask the community to contribute, across the various Facebook groups, Steam, Reddit, e.t.c.
3) We collate our data & discuss our findings, particularly any anomalies we encountered during game-play or in our data.
4) I email 5 very specific members of HelloGames staff, who correct any mistakes (2 found so far, in 2 years).
5) I post my pictures/guides or whatever in the comfort of knowing it is 100% correct.
6) I add info to these posts as & when people ask relevant questions that the posts didn't initially cover. If there is even the slightest doubt in my mind about these additions, I repeat steps 1-5 before editing the posts.
7) When I am convinced that no further questions/comments can add anything to that info, I lock commenting for that post & delete any comments/questions that have now been answered in my edited original post.
8) HelloGames staff email me 5 minutes after an update to highlight which of my posts are no longer correct or relevant & which things to remove from the 'Ideas for the future of NMS' page, as they've just been added.
[As of Exo Mech update, they have also now started to be nice enough to attach pictures of each section of the update for me for the 'updates' section, meaning I no longer have to go to their website & use 'snipping tool', which saves me a fair bit of time.]
Recent Wiki Activity
This user hasn't made any edits on this wiki yet
Mad Max Wiki